And the outside is finished, yesterday I’ve been working on adding the handles, butterfly locks and wheels. Especially the locks required some precision but now both door’s can be attached to both sides. First the handles:
The hole cut out and the rivet holes drilled.
One side finished
After I finished the handles on the other side, I decided to add the wheels. I first made 2 extra pieces of wood to attach the wheels to. This helps spread the weight.
Then it was time to add the butterfly locks.
To make sure the doors fit in every possible way on both sides, I first made one lock, and made sure it was exactly in the middle. Then I turned the door around and added the parts of the second lock on both sides. Now the door fits in both ways on this side. Then I took the second door, and added the locks there, so it would fit on this same side. The last step was to turn the flightcase around and add the last 2 parts of the locks to the other side, making sure both doors fit on that side as well.
The case itself is finished now. I only have to add the rack profiles and some foam to the inside of the doors.